Clinical Data Abstractor - VQI - Part Time
At Carta Healthcare, we believe in a multidisciplinary approach to solving problems. Our mission is to automate and simplify the work that burns out clinical staff, so they can focus on patient care. Our AI Enabled Technology offers a complete solution (people, process and technology) to support the Healthcare Registry Data Market. We design products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone. We give clinicians time back to focus on research and care that improve patient lives by reducing paperwork. Carta Healthcare is a remote organization with headquarters in San Francisco and Portland, Oregon.
To learn more about our AI Enabled Solutions and more about our company, please visit www.carta.healthcare
We’re looking for a Clinical Data Abstractor - VQI who will work under the direction of the Lead Data Abstractor to abstract and code information in the prescribed format to satisfy the requirements of the target registry by reviewing patient records and abstracting key data elements.
With the support of our software, Atlas, the Clinical Data Abstractor identifies and validates specific information abstracted and reported from various reports, medical records and electronic files. This critical role completes assignments within a designated time frame, with high accuracy and according to specifications.
This role is fully remote and we have a variety of employment opportunities. This will initially be a part time role and has the potential to convert to full time.
Required Qualifications :
- 2+ years direct VQI Registry Abstraction experience for a Health System or Hospital
- Current abstracting experience. Actively abstracting within the past 12 months highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of several medical registries with relevant clinical background
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, proficiency in EMR, and exposure to a healthcare environment is appropriate.
- Ownership approach to workload, ability to work independently
- Organized with a high attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player who is collaborative and can work in an independent environment.
- Remote training and onboarding compatible
- Wants to grow with the company and believes in the mission
- Data collection and entry for multiple registries for Carta Healthcare clients
- Collaborate with nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physicians, other medical professionals to complete patient encounters
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Communicate with Carta team and reporting hospitals to streamline data management
- Provide data analysis to reporting hospital managers, as appropriate
- Keeps up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer and other agencies.
- Any or other additional responsibilities as assigned
- Prior experience working remotely
- Experience working with a SaaS, Healthtech or Software company
- RN or LPN credentials
All applicants require legal authorization to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
The target wage range for this role is $28.00 - $32.00 per hour. Individual wage rates within this range are based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure and certifications.
Carta Healthcare is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve health systems across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found and strongly believe that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.