Senior Software Engineer
At Carta Healthcare, we believe in a multidisciplinary approach to solving problems. Our mission is to automate and simplify the work that burns out clinical staff, so they can focus on patient care. Our AI Enabled Technology offers a complete solution (people, process and technology) to support the Healthcare Registry Data Market. We design products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone. We give clinicians time back to focus on research and care that improve patient lives by reducing paperwork. Carta Healthcare is a remote organization with headquarters in San Francisco and Portland, Oregon.
To learn more about our AI Enabled Solutions and more about our company, please visit www.carta.healthcare
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the scaffolding, design, and implementation of a modern AI application leveraging LLMs and serverless architectures. You will help design and build Python backends with various persistence stores, React browser applications for management, third-party data integration, and validation frameworks. On a daily basis, the Senior Software Engineer will actively collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teammates to define and maintain integrations across systems, test, document, and deliver complex end-to-end software solutions in a timely fashion.
- Deliver technical services including guidance, conceptual design, as well as technical and process innovations
- Write scalable and testable code using Python and React
- Maintain code according to the agreed coding standards and best practices
- Bring a passion for remaining up-to-date with the latest trends in software development and patterns
- Investigate the latest technology and build quick Proofs of Concept to address future business needs
- A customer-centric approach to solutions to maximize value and communicate differences in options
- Support roadmap development and technical solutions for new and existing functionality
- Prepare technical documentation
- Collaborate with a distributed remote team effectively including pairing on stories. Deliver as a team
- Be a valued team contributor, learn, and help other teammates grow
What you’ll need:
- Practical work experience and up-to-date knowledge of Python is essential
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Python developer
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Lead in projects with heavy use of modern technologies
- DBaaS (relational, document, key-value, etc)
- Familiarity with using modern Python toolset (build tools, packaging) and using modern DevOps/Platform Engineering tooling (git, gitops, Kubernetes manifests, observability suites, etc)
- Experience building and using cloud microservices (AWS preferred)
- Proven experience in building enterprise-grade, Internet-facing web applications for business users (e.g.: security, RESTful Web API design, HTTP in-depth, test automation in the browser, event-driven architectures, cloud-native solutions)
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean development process
- Ability to work well in an international and multicultural environment in a fast-growing company.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science field or other relevant degree or experience
Why we love Carta Healthcare, and why you will too!
- Industry-leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and 401k
The target wage range for this role is $150,000 to $170,000 annually. Individual wage rates within this range are based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure, and certifications.
All applicants require legal authorization to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All applicants are required to reside within the continental United States.
Carta Healthcare is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve health systems across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found and strongly believe that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.