Staff Product Designer
Staff Product Designer
Product Designers at Manifold use innovative design to provide engaging user experiences and interfaces for cutting-edge AI and computational science products. By developing new products and features for Manifold’s biomedical research platform, your work will allow users to accelerate and improve precision health.
You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, architects, and others to define problems and goals, map user flows, design and prototype in tools like Figma, and create new products and features. You’ll serve as a key contributor in our product discovery process, clearly presenting and explaining ideas and designs to colleagues and development partners and persuasively guiding others toward the best solutions. You may sometimes “get your hands dirty” in the code to help with polish.
You will have a high degree of autonomy as you work with a nimble, growing team—but we know that good design doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Our design team works hard to maintain a safe and collaborative atmosphere where we help each other do our best work every day. During weekly feedback meetings, you will meet with your fellow designers to seek and offer input. You will also have access to experienced mentorship and professional development opportunities.
At Manifold, we embrace our differences—we believe an inclusive and diverse team is critical for innovation. Please get in touch even if you do not match this background description 100%.
- You keep up with evolving UI/UX best practices, and with modern application trends (without being trendy)
- You are “user obsessed”—you do everything with the end user in mind, while balancing the context of company priorities and constraints
- You are comfortable facilitating discovery interviews, asking insightful questions, and synthesizing the information into project goals
- You are comfortable working as the sole designer on a new product or feature
- You are able to provide reasonably accurate estimates for how long a given iteration or design stage will likely take, and are comfortable working with project managers to build timelines accordingly
- You understand best practices for production considerations and methods: you are thoughtful about how your designs will ultimately get built as software
About the Company
Manifold is grounded in a deep conviction about the future of medicine, a future in which the care for your loved one is tailored to them not one-size-fits-all and is informed by the care of every patient that came before. Manifold builds a next-gen clinical research platform for observational studies and research in cancer and rare disease. Manifold’s solutions are now in use at world-renowned institutions and cutting-edge innovators. We are ready to scale and serve more customers.
Many Manifolders say this is the best place they’ve worked in their career because of the culture and community, using words like genuine, earnest, trusting, learning/teaching, curious, and humble. Our environment is built to facilitate deep work, with as few meetings as possible.